This week at work, we had a pitch-in. Even as I write the word, I can’t keep my eyes from rolling. I love the idea of pitch-ins. Everyone getting together to celebrate a teammate’s accomplishment or birthday and spreading the work among the team members. It’s a beautiful concept. In theory. In actuality, they are stressful. Or, at least I find them to be stressful. The extra planning and remembering are too much for my already overpacked brain. Of course, when it’s all said and done, I’m glad that we do them and always enjoy the extra time spent talking to my coworkers in a space that isn’t about work. It’s a pitch-in conundrum. (more…)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Sometimes the mood for salsa strikes, but time doesn’t allow for it. Or sometimes you just forget that you have an event to go to and need to make something quick. Neither of those happened to me, but I was still happy to have salsa in such a short amount of time, and with ingredients that I already had around the house.
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (add 1 minute if you want to cut up your own tomatoes)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Dice onion. This will be the most time-consuming part of the whole dish. If you want to shave off some time, I highly recommend investing in a chopper (note to moms: you can use this and carry a baby at the same time)
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, sweet corn, tomatoes, chili powder, and garlic. Mix together.
- Add vegetable oil and lime juice. Mix again.
- Grab some chips and enjoy!