The season of Christmas is full of delicious food; toffee, eggnog flavored everything, and the cookies. Oh the cookies! But, for some reason, the flavor I was craving this season was buffalo chicken.
I have never attempted buffalo chicken at home. It has always seemed to me like a restaurant food that wouldn’t translate well at home. So, when my buffalo chicken craving hit, I bought some buffalo chicken nuggets from Aldi and thought that would do the trick. Boy, was I wrong. Really wrong. Oh so very very wrong.
Defeated and left wanting more, I knew I would have to make my own at home. I did some early morning pinteresting and found a homemade buffalo chicken sauce recipe that seemed easy. Unlike most pinterest recipes that seem easy, it actually was! Craving satisfied.
Of course, the girls didn’t like it, or rather refused to try it and I had a lot of leftovers. What to do with leftover buffalo chicken? Make nachos of course! With no nacho chips on hand but plenty of won ton wrappers left from the lasanga cups we made earlier in the week these buffalo chicken nacho cups were born and are sure to be the cause of many cravings in the future. Happy eating!
For the hot sauce, I highly recommend using Sweet Baby Ray’s Hot Sauce
Buffalo Chicken Nacho Cups
- Make buffalo chicken sauce according to the recipe found here: https://www.inspiredtaste.net/35619/buffalo-wing-sauce-recipe/#itr-recipe-35619
- Bake 1 pound of chicken combined with buffalo sauce until cooked. Shredded chicken when cooled and mix in additional buffalo sauce to taste.
In a mixing bowl combine black beans, corn, cheese, and chicken.
- In a muffin tin add two won ton wrappers to create a bowl.
- Add a spoonful of the buffalo chicken mixture to each cup.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 11 minutes.
- While the cups are baking, combine sour cream and ranch in a small mixing bowl. When cups are finished baking, top with the sour cream mixture and enjoy!