Life has been pretty mundane lately. Never has it been clearer than while reading through 500 writing prompts trying to figure out what I should write about this weekend. I haven’t had any cool interactions with a stranger, I am not reading anything of note, and I’m not overly worried about anything. Life is going along quickly but as it usually does. So, instead of trying to come up with something Earth shattering, I thought I’d share some pretty cool, and mostly good, mundane things that have happened recently.
- After some coercion of a sick Lesley, we were able to get Story into a last-minute Girls, Inc. camp for the last few days of winter break. When I dropped Riley off that morning, she clung to Story’s arm and both girls walked back together with huge smiles on their faces. I couldn’t help but remember the first time they joined hands and walked into daycare together.
- Riley earned enough good behavior points to be appointed Principal of the Day last week — an honor she relished and was very proud of.
- Maddie has begun tying knots in her hair any time she is sitting still. In turn, brushing her hair in the morning has become quite a chore.
- I moved into a position that my boss held when I first started six years ago. It’s surreal to think about and has caused a lot of reflection of the ride its been.
- Riley learned to tie her shoes! She is not perfect yet but has had several successes!
- We experienced the most perfect snow day this past weekend. First because it wasn’t on a school day and second because the snow was PERFECT for playing in.
- Riley had her first medical mishap on the year, somehow causing an abrasion in her eye, and spent the same perfect snow day weekend in an eye patch.
And that has been about it so far this year. Pretty mundane, everyday experiences that have made up a good start to this New year.