As I mentioned earlier this week, Valentine’s Day is a wonderful holiday. What better time than this holiday to let those you care about know that you do. And what better way to let those close to you know you care than to bring them a chocolate treat. Okay, I may be specifically targeting the exact way I would want to be shown affection, but still, who is going to turn away chocolate? Chocolate hearts, chocolate balls, solid chocolate, salted chocolate, there are just so many different ways to make a girl feel valued.
In an effort to spread the love in our own house, the girls and I decided to experiment with Rice Krispie treats. A couple of years ago, Lesley made Rice Krispie treat Valentines to distribute to loved ones and the idea has stuck. Also, the girls recently found a new love — Cocoa Krispies — and I have always loved Rice Krispie treats. Like chocolate, it is so hard to go wrong with them. So, why not combine them and see what happens? While we were at it, we took it one step further and added white chocolate to the top. In case I lost you in a head-spinning whirlwind of goodness, I will recap. Rice Krispie treat + chocolate + white chocolate = Amazing. Add heart-shaped sprinkles, and you’ve got a Valentine’s Day treat full of love.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 5-6 cups of Cocoa Krispies
- White chocolate melts
- Valentine sprinkles
- In a medium pan, melt butter.
- Add 1/3 of marshmallow bag to the pan. Stir until completely melted. Continue adding marshmallows 1/3 of the bag at a time, allowing each third to melt completely before adding the next.
- Stir in Cocoa Krispies until completely mixed.
- Transfer to a greased medium baking dish.
- Use the back of a spoon to smooth the treats. Grease the back of the spoon first to ensure the treats do not stick to it.
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Drizzle over treats.
- Add Valentine sprinkles.