Lasagna is by far one of the world’s best foods. It doesn’t get much better than the multiple layers of multiple cheeses sandwiched together by pasta and flavored with garlic. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it. The problem with lasagna, though, is the time that it takes to cook it. I don’t want to wait that long for its cheesy goodness, and my girls certainly do not want to wait that long.
I’m very excited to announce that I have found the answer! Wonton wrappers. Who knew that the key to fast, tasty lasagna would be found in an ingredient in Asian cooking? I didn’t but now I do, and I can’t stop thinking about them. These mini lasagna cups are not the last of the small-cup dishes to be made in this kitchen. Not only is it as easy as filling a cupcake tray, it also tastes delicious, and they are bite-sized. I’d say it’s about as adult-pleasing and kid-friendly as it gets.
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp basil
- spaghetti sauce
- Approx. 24 wonton wrappers
- Line a muffin tray with the wonton wrappers. Use two wrappers per muffin mold to create a cup for the filling.
- Mix together the cheeses, oregano, basil, and garlic thoroughly.
- Use a large dinner spoon to fill each wonton wrapper with filling.
- Top with desired amount of spaghetti sauce and additional shredded mozzerella.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 10 mins