As moms, we know that dinner sometimes needs to be quick. Between work and activities with the kids, we don’t have enough hours in the day to make an involved meal every single night. One of the go-tos in our house is homemade pizza. It’s definitely fast, but some nights it’s not fast enough. We need something else to use as a pizza crust.
I discovered a while ago that English muffins make excellent pizza crusts. I don’t particularly like English muffins, but the nooks and crannies make a wonderful holder of pizza sauce, and with cheese and toppings added, they are a delicious fresh version of mini frozen pizzas. The best part about them, though, is that it is a super simple dinner to have the kids help with. They can make their own mini pizzas without any of the worry about whether or not they will turn out to be edible, and everyone can have the toppings of their choosing.
- English muffins, halved
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Any other pizza toppings of your choosing
- Cut English muffins in half and lay out on a baking sheet.
- Use a spoon to spread pizza sauce on the muffin halves.
- Top with cheese and pizza toppings of your choosing.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for approx. 15 minutes.
Disclaimer: cook time will be dependent on whether or not you decide to let the kids help out.