I love spinach. Story, not so much. So I try to sneak it in recipes as often as I can. This recipe is one of my favorites. Because Story helps in the kitchen now, she knows that there is spinach in it, but she still loves it. That is most definitely a win! Did I mention this is cheesy?
- 3 c uncooked rotini
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 c low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 c reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 pkg (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 c shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, cottage cheese, ricotta, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and herbs.
- Drain pasta.
- Place half of sauce in a large skillet; layer with pasta and remaining sauce. Top with cheese mixture.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Source: Recipe found at Taste of Home.