It’s that time of year again! The jackets, the scarves, the boots … but most important, the chili! We have a staple recipe in our home. It covers all tastes; it has some spice but not too much for kid palates. And of course, we add some macaroni for fun. The best part about this recipe is how quickly it all comes together!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pkg of meatless crumbles
- 2 pkgs of chili seasoning
- 2 cans of kidney beans
- 2 cans of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of macaroni
- Cook macaroni according to package.
- Chop onion. (If you like your onion crunchy, leave as is. If you prefer it to be soft, sauté until soft.)
- Add crumbles, onion, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and chili seasoning to a large pot and mix together.
- Cook on low, stirring occasionally, until it is heated through. Add macaroni.
- Serve on a fall evening and enjoy!
Optional Ingredients: Add cheese, green onion, sour cream, and/or corn chips.