Spaghetti sauce and Alfredo sauce typically yield two very different dishes. When combined, however, they are nothing short of fabulous. So fabulous that my anti-anything-green daughter did not even balk at the delicious spinach mixed into this dish. Perhaps I should try adding more of that next time…
Aside from the awesome ability to hide spinach, this dish was great for leftovers. Being a family of three we had dinner for about two additional nights (and some lunches for me!). This cheesy dish does well reheated and doesn’t loose it’s flavor. Can you believe? No complaining from the kids? Yes, we will keep this around for quite awhile.
This dish will take approximately 30 minutes. Perfect for a weeknight, and you’re probably looking at leftovers for the next day.
- 2, 9 oz packages of three cheese tortellini
- 1, 24 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1, 16 oz jar of Alfredo Sauce
- 1, 10 oz box of frozen spinach
- 1 tbsp dried Italian Seasoning
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- Cook tortellini according to package directions (usually around 12-15 minutes).
- While cooking tortellini, mix spaghetti sauce, Alfredo sauce, and spinach in a medium saucepan. Simmer.
- Mix cooked tortellini into the sauce. Transfer to 8x8 baking dish.
- Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes.