This recipe is a staple in our house. I’ve tried other vegetables but have found the spinach to be the best. Story loves it so much she conveniently forgets that she doesn’t “do cheese” anymore when this is placed before her.
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 pkg (10-12 oz) frozen spinach
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
1 pkg (10 count) flour tortillas, soft-taco size
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook spinach according to directions on the package.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the spinach, onions, ricotta, sour cream, and 1 cup of mozzarella.
5. Place tortillas seam-down into a lightly greased casserole dish. Continue until the mixture is gone.
6. Cover the tortillas with enchilada sauce and sprinkle on the remaining mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and enchilada sauce is bubbling.