I started making this salad two years ago after a quest to spruce up my potato salad, and it has been a staple ever since. The flavors are fantastic. It still has the potato salad feel, but the flavor has been ramped up. Just another one of those recipes that makes summer great.
- 4-5 russet potatoes
- 2 green onions
- 1/2-1 bell pepper, color and amount dependent on preference
- 3-4 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 3 jalapenos, diced
- 2 1/2 cups of mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Bacon crumbles or bacon bits optional
- Dice potatoes and cook them in water until tender. Allow them to cool after cooking.
- Cut bell peppers, green onions, jalapenos, and eggs.
- Combine in a large bowl: bell peppers, green onions, jalapenos, eggs, black beans, and potatoes.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, brown mustard, and Cajun seasoning.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to the large bowl, and mix thoroughly. Enjoy!