I have found that packing a picnic for children in two age groups can be challenging. Just finding something they can agree on at home can be challenging, but when you need to make it portable, it’s a whole new ball game. Still, we love picnics, and I plan to do as many of them as possible this summer. That will require an arsenal of go-to picnic foods. This one was a bit of a last-minute throw together, but it turned out wonderful! The baby might not have been able to enjoy it, but I like to think that she would have if she could have.
- 5-6 small russet potatoes
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1-2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1-2 tbsp poppy seeds
- Cut potatoes into cubes and cook until tender. Drain and place them in the refrigerator to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and poppy seeds.
- Dice red pepper and add to the mayonnaise mixture.
- When cool, add potatoes.