Time to give your hamburgers a boost! With the recent warm weather, we have been eating outside daily, or as Riley would call it, having a picnic. Hamburgers are perfect for our “picnics,” but plain ones can get a little boring. I adapted my pepper steak recipe to add some extra flavor, and it turned out oh-so-delicious.
- 1 lb beef (or turkey)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup agave (or honey)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- Saute onions and green pepper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, red wine vinegar, and agave. Add beef, onions, and green pepper. Mix ingredients together.
- Form beef into hamburgers.
- Cook thoroughly in a large skillet or on the grill.
- Make a plate and head outside. Enjoy!