This is a household favorite. It calls for very few ingredients and is adaptable for picky eaters. Cooking with orzo is really fun and the flavors in this dish are fantastic. I sometimes add ground turkey to make it a meal. Easy. What’s better than that?
- 2 Tbsp butter, or olive oil
- 1 14.5 oz can of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped basil (dried Basil works too!)
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Stir in orzo until lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with basil.
Make this a complete meal by adding ground turkey (or beef)!