This hands-on dinner is a great way to introduce the joys of cooking. The ingredients are easy to handle, and even with kid creativity, it is hard to go wrong. Add a level of imagination and mold the crust into festive shapes or cut the pepperoni into letters. The teaching opportunities are endless with this quick family dinner.
- 1 pkg Jiffy pizza crust mix
- 1 can of pizza sauce
- 1 – 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice (we used pepperoni cut with a heart-shaped cookie cutter)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare Jiffy pizza dough according to package.
- Shred mozzarella cheese and prepare additional toppings.
- Mold pizza dough into desired shape using flour to keep the crust from sticking to your fingers.
- Spread pizza sauce over the dough and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Add toppings.
- Cook for 16-20 minutes depending on oven, or until cheese is turning golden brown.
- Topping ideas:
- Pepperoni, sausage, onion, peppers, garlic, olive oil, pineapple, ground beef, ham, mushrooms, olives, additional cheeses