This one-pot dish is very simple to make. It is one of those recipes I always think will take a long time and am always surprised when it doesn’t. The flavors really compliment each other, and the meat stays hidden so the girls don’t complain!
- 8 oz deli sliced ham
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp basil (dried or fresh)
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 8-20 oz pineapple bits, depending on preference
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- chopped cilantro
- Cut ham into small pieces. You can use cubed ham, if you prefer. I choose deli ham because it blends into the dish, and the kids don't notice it. Otherwise, there would be cubed ham chunks leftover on each of their plates.
- Brown the ham in a large skillet.
- Add tomato sauce, chicken broth (I always make mine from chicken bouillon powder. It's a great money saver!), onion powder, and basil. Bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until tender.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Move to a baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella. Broil to melt cheese.
- Top with cilantro, and serve!