My mom makes the best mac and cheese. I’m not bragging. It’s just a fact. The ultimate comfort food, it has been called upon over the years to soothe heartaches and enhance celebrations. Now, for my children, it has become Grammy’s Mac and Cheese. I know the recipe. It’s an easy recipe. But it will always taste better when Grammy makes it.
- Melt butter in a medium-size saucepan. Begin cooking noodles while making the sauce.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Add milk slowly, stirring with the whisk consistently.
- Add in small cubes of Velveeta, allowing the cubes to dissolve before adding more. You will use about 2/3 of the large box. Check for taste along the way until you reach your desired cheesy-ness.
- Add sauce to cooked and drained macaroni.