We are like any traditional American family. Spaghetti is a staple. It’s so quick. So easy. And, so cheap! Not to mention it stores really well so it’s also simple to make a bunch and bring it for lunch the rest of the week. It’s hard not to make it every night of the week. There would probably be a mutiny if I did that. Riley is already slightly bored of it. So, I needed to come up with something just as fantastic just a little more exciting.
Here it is! A cure for spaghetti boredom! This dish has the same great spaghetti taste with the same great kid appeal but has kicked the cheesiness factor up a notch. Quick and simple — a great weekday meal.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain noodles and return to pan.
- Thoroughly mix together spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Pour spaghetti mixture in 9 x 13-inch pan. Cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese begins to boil.
This dish can be easily customized with: Red pepper flakes Minced garlic Olive oil (drizzled on top) Onions Pepperoni